Kayak school on the Soča river
Whitewater kayaking is one of the most attractive activities around here.
Soča river is suitable for different levels of knowledge and skills on different sections.
The aim of kayak course is to teach you different paddling techniques and basic rules of safety in whitewater.
tailored to your wishes
Every Monday morning we start with 2 different kayak courses – 3 days and 5 days program, suitable for beginners and intermediate kayakers.
You will begin your course on flat water and then day by day advance to faster rapids.
Besides paddling you will also learn wet exit, river communication signals and river rescue basics.
Included / not included in the price
coaching on the river
snacks and drinks
+ PHOTO & VIDEO GRATIS
Departure hours are fixed but the rest of the timing might change depending on group size, water level and weather conditions.
However, to give you an idea here’s an example.
all day trip – 9.00
- 8.45 check-in at our sports center
- 9.00 introducing guides and equipment
- 9.15 getting the equipment
- 9.30 departure to the starting point
- 10.00 start kayaking – part 1
- 12.00 long break / snack
- 12.30 start kayaking – part 2
- 14.30 end kayaking
- 15.00 arrival back to our sports center
- 15.30 video analysis of the day
- DAY 1 – learning basic strokes on flat water
- DAY 1 – wet exit
- DAY 2 – improving basic stokes on faster current
- DAY 2 – mental training to feel comfortable on the river
- DAY 3 – perfecting the basics
- DAY 3 – communication signals on the river
- DAY 4 – learning intermediate paddling techniques
- DAY 4 – white water rescue basics
- DAY 5 – improving intermediate paddling techniques
- DAY 5 – introduction to use of safety rope and gear